Remote Simultaneous Interpretation (RSI)
After the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, most companies moved their events online. This is why many choose Remote Simultaneous Interpreting (RSI) services.
Langpros started offering RSI services long before the pandemic. For example, in early 2019, we interpreted for a Thermo King workshop. Thanks to RSI, the audience in Abu Dhabi received live translation from our interpreters in Europe in their preferred language: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, and Russian.
What is RSI?
During multilingual events, simultaneous interpreters provide real-time translations of what is being said. Traditionally, simultaneous interpreters work from soundproof booths at the venue, while the audience listens to the translation via headsets.
Simultaneous interpreting is very effective, but it can be costly. If interpreters are not available on-site, they need to be flown from abroad. It can also be hard to set up translation booths and all the required equipment if the space is limited.
Remote simultaneous interpretation is the solution to overcome such limitations, using cloud technology. RSI gives you access to the global pool of interpreting talents, cutting the costs, and improving the quality.
How does it work?
Before the event, specialized technicians set up the speakers’ audio and video outputs. The audio and video stream are transmitted to interpreters working from their office in their own country, and the translation is provided to the audience in real time without any delay. It is possible to set up the streaming for multiple languages at the same time.
The simultaneous interpretation is streamed to the audience through a web application on mobile devices.
Our expert event managers will be available throughout the duration of the event. They will monitoring the quality of the interpreting and solve any possible issue. Moreover, our specialized technicians on-site will take care of the technical setup.
Five Advantages of RSI
- It is suitable for any event size and duration;
- It is perfect for rare languages, when there is a limited offer of on-site interpreters;
- It reduces costs by eliminating the need for travel and accommodation;
- It allows you to select the best interpreters worldwide;
- It requires minimum equipment installation.
Is RSI Safe?
Our remote simultaneous interpreting services are carried out in compliance with the best network security policies:
- All streams are encrypted;
- The software operates on dedicated servers;
- Each event is streamed on a separate cloud-based session;
- The contents of the event are not recorded, unless otherwise requested;
- All our interpreters and staff are required to sign NDAs to guarantee confidentiality.
Contact us or drop us a line at [email protected] for a solution tailored to your needs or a free demo!